Our Playground: Experience all that Cleveland has to offer
In Northeast Ohio, grit meets sophistication. You can browse modern art inside a turn-of-the-century transformer station, hear the orchestra perform live inside a local hot dog joint, or chow down on pierogi stuffed with beef cheek.
Arts and culture is accessible and affordable. Culinary delights are prepared by nationally-recognized chefs with ingredients from a 100-year-old public market. Outdoor activities abound for the young and young-at-heart in a 33,000-acre national park. And then there’s the music scene – from a world-renowned orchestra to local bands performing at festivals and watering holes, there’s something for nearly all music lovers.
- Cleveland Indians baseball, Cleveland Cavaliers basketball, or Cleveland Browns football games can be seen many days of the year – all three professional sports teams play in Downtown Cleveland.
- There are a number of highly-rated private and public golf courses in Northeast Ohio, including multi-major golf championship course Canterbury Golf Club less than 10 miles from Downtown.
- Lake Erie is the 12th largest lake in the world, and the shallowest, warmest, and most biologically productive among the Great Lakes, making it ideal for fishing enthusiasts.
- Northeast Ohio has more than 56,000 acres of outdoor recreation between the Cleveland Metroparks and the Cuyahoga Valley National Park, the 10th-most visited national park in the United States.
- The Ohio & Erie Canal Towpath Trail is one of Ohio’s longest and most scenic bikeways, extending 100 miles from Cleveland through the Cuyahoga Valley National Park to Zoar (south of Canton).
- The 100-year-old West Side Market, one of the first indoor public markets in the country, is located in Cleveland’s Ohio City neighborhood.
- Cleveland is home to celebrity chef Michael Symon as well as 2015 James Beard Award recipient Jonathan Sawyer – both operate multiple restaurants throughout the area.
- Cleveland offers gaming opportunities including the Horseshoe Casino Cleveland operating Downtown and Thistledown Racino and the Hard Rock Rocksino in eastern suburbs.
Media Contact: Kristen Jantonio, Communications Coordinator, Destination Cleveland, firstname.lastname@example.org, 216-875-6641
Click here to download the full YOUR PLAYGROUND: EXPERIENCE ALL THAT CLEVELAND HAS TO OFFER fact sheet.