Getting to and around town is a cinch
Cleveland is located within 500 miles of 43 percent of the U.S. population. With four airports and four major highways feeding into downtown, getting in and around the city and region is quick and convenient. And, with one of the most compact downtowns in America, the city ranks as one of the top 20 most walkable large cities in the United States, according to walkscore.com.
- Cleveland is making a name for itself with the addition of new hotels, parks, restaurants, nightlife and residences.
- Recognized by Conde Nast Traveler, Travel + Leisure, Men’s Journal, Thrillist, Time.com and The New York Times, among others.
- Cleveland Hopkins International Airport (CLE) is the 8th most affordable airport according to Cheapflights.com with 292 daily total flight departures and arrivals, 37 nonstop markets operated by nine airlines, and public rail transit that connects the airport to Downtown Cleveland on a 12-minute train ride.
- Akron-Canton Airport (CAK), a 40-minute drive from Downtown Cleveland, offers one-stop access anywhere in the world with 90 arrival and departure flights.
- Burke Lakefront Airport (BKL) enables air travel for corporate visitors and business executives via privately-owned and charter aircraft directly into Downtown Cleveland.
- The Cleveland Jet Center at Cuyahoga County Airport (KCGF) is easily accessible by local highways and offers a world-class, luxury terminal combined with a friendly, skilled staff of experienced aviation professionals dedicated to providing service for corporate flight departments, charter companies and owner-operators
- Cleveland’s comprehensive and award-winning public transportation system includes heavy rail, light rail, bus rapid transit, buses and free trolleys.
- Lolly the Trolley, the Goodtime III sightseeing/charter boat, classic walking tours, Taste Cleveland Food Tours and Brew Bus Tours all offer unique ways to experience Cleveland.
- The Cuyahoga Valley Scenic Railroad, one of the oldest, longest and most scenic excursions in the country, offers stunning views throughout the Cuyahoga Valley National Park.
Media contact: Kristen Jantonio, Communications Coordinator, Destination Cleveland, email@example.com, 216-875-6641
Click here to download the full VISIT CLEVELAND: GETTING TO AND AROUND TOWN IS A CINCH fact sheet.